Sports Buddies Mentoring
Our volunteers spend one-on-one time through participating in and observing sporting events. Actives will be planned for one Saturday out of the month for you to attend and see your little. All activities are planned and supervised through BBBS staff. All communication between the Big, Child, and Parent is through their case manager.
Be Active. Have Fun. Change a Life.
It's simple too. You and your Little can share the kinds of activities you already like to do, such as:
Attending sporting events
Attending a Sports Clinic
Playing Flag Football
Working out at the Gym
Sports Buddies Program Requirements
(1) Reside in one of the Parishes listed below.
(2) Must be at least six years of age.
(3) Must have a completed application and permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian.
(4) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.
(5) Make a minimum of a 6-month commitment.
(1) Volunteers must reside in one of the Parishes listed below & be able to attend at leaset one of our pre-planned activities per month.
(2)Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
(3) Submit an application, complete an interview with agency staff, and complete the screening process (layered criminal history record check, fingerprinting and two positive references)
(4) Make a minimum of a 6-month commiment.
(5) Must have reliable transportation to get to activities.
(6) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.
Acadiana Parishes We Serve
St. Martin Parish
St. Landry Parish