Community Based Mentoring
Our volunteers spend one-on-one time with the same child for a minimum of twice per month for one year, in hopes of fostering a lifelong friendship.
Matches in this program spend time outside of the child’s school and home on weekends or after school hours.
Volunteering just 4 hours a month can ingnite potential in youth in Acadiana!
It's simple too. Big & Littles can share the kinds of activities they already like to do, such as:
Playing a board game
Going on a bike ride
Enjoying a pizza
Going to the park
Watching a movie
And so much more!
Community Based Program Requirements
(1) Reside in one of the Parishes listed below.
(2) Must be at least six years of age.
(3) Must have a completed application and permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian.
(4) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.
(5) Make a minimum of a 12-month commitment.
(1) Volunteers must reside in one of the Parishes listed below & be able to spend an average of 4 hours a month with their Little (about twice a month).
(2)Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
(3) Submit an application, complete an interview with agency staff, and complete the screening process (layered criminal history record check, fingerprinting and two positive references)
(4) Make a minimum of a 12-month commiment.
(5) Must have your own trasnportation with car insurance in order to pick-u/ drop-off your Little.
(6) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.
Acadiana Parishes We Serve
St. Martin Parish
St. Landry Parish