Club Based Mentoring
Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Boys & Girls Clubs have partnered to provide one-to-one mentoring to youth on-site at one of the Clubs.
The Club-based mentoring program is one way that mentors can help shape the future of youth in Louisiana. The Club-based program allows adult volunteer mentors (Bigs) and Littles to build a supportive relationship in a space where young people spend much of their free time, share interests and hobbies, develop goals and have fun! The Boys and Girls Club offers fun activities that they can do together, such as shoot hoops, utilize the computer lab, or simply hang out and play a board game.
The Club-based program takes place once a week between 4:00 - 6:00 PM. Bigs will meet their Little for an hour during the time frame at their designated club. Bigs will be matched at one of the below clubs based:
Granberry Club: 121 S. Washington St. Lafayette, LA 70501
Jackie Club: 1000 Marie Antoinette St. Lafayette, LA 70506
Vermilion Club: 301 A.A. Comeaux Memorial Dr. Abbeville, LA 70510
Natchitoches Club: 400 Martin Luther King Junior Drive, Natchitoches, LA 71457
POWERED BY THE WILLIAM C. SCHUMACHER FAMILY FOUNDATION
Club Based Program Requirements
(1) Youth must be enrolled at the Boys & Girls Clubs of Acadiana and available to meet during the specified time period every week.
(2) Must be at least six years of age.
(3) Must have a completed application and permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian.
(4) Make a minimum of a 12-month commitment.
(5) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.
(1) Volunteer must be able to meet at the specified club once a week during the specified times.
(2) Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
(3) Complete online orientation, submit an application, complete a one-on-one interview with agency staff, complete online training and complete the screening process (layered criminal history record check, fingerprinting and two positive references)
(4) Must have reliable transportation to get to the club every week.
(5) Make a minimum of a 12-month commitment.
(6) Must agree to have contact with a Big Brothers Big Sisters employee on a monthly basis for the life of his or her match.